Firearm Commission Sales
If you are looking to sell your gun (new or used shotgun or rifle), then look no further. At Cluny Country Guns we offer a convenient, hassle-free commission sales service.
This method of selling your gun is a fantastic, effortless way to ensure you maximise the return on your firearm without worrying about any of the legislation. We take care of the entire sale and guide you where necessary.
You have complete control over the selling and pricing of your equipment, without any of the negotiation or paperwork.
What We Charge & Offer
Every firearm brought in will be thoroughly checked over and tested before sale. If there are any issues found, you will be notified and repairs can be arranged.
Once the gun has been checked and is deemed fit for sale, we will advise on a guarantee price according to current market trends/prices. This is effectively the reserve price for you, outwith our commission.
Our commission is set at 15% of the total sale value (or at least £100, whichever value is higher), so we will strive to get as much as possible for your gun.
On every commission sale, there is a cooling off period of 30 days. This is the 30 days following the uplift of the gun by the buyer and is just in case there are any faults within this time. We will transfer the sale money, less our 15% commission, after this period.
What service is provided?
Encompassed into our 15% commission is a professional, experienced selling service which covers:
- Valuation, inspection and cleaning of the gun/s to be put to sale
- The selling process necessary in-store, over the phone and via email, together with the unique admin for the transferral of firearms
- The advertising of your gun on our website, social media and/or relevant forums
- Over 25 years of experience in the buying and selling of shotguns & rifles within the UK
- Access to our extensive customer base
- Credit Card Charges we incur for taking payments
- The VAT we have to pay for the service we are providing
What if I change my mind or manage to sell the gun privately?
Any gun brought in on a commission sale basis may be uplifted at any time (upon presenting the relevant certificate), however prior warning is much appreciated. There will be a nominal fee of £20 upon uplift, for the admin already incurred.
Contact us if you wish to discuss any aspect of this service 01592 882600, otherwise please pop in with the item/s you wish to sell and we can proceed.